Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Annotated Bibliography

King, Stephen. The Eyes of the Dragon. Chivers, 1988. Print.
This book is by far, my most favorite book of all times.  It is very rare that I find a book that I have a hard time putting down; even on subsequent readings.  I like this book because it is not like many of Stephen Kings other books.  This book breaks the thriller type stereotype and takes you back to the time of castles, kings and evil magicians.  Many names of characters from Stephen Kings other novels (i.e. Flagg) make an appearance here along with the names of Stephen Kings children.  Even if you are not a fan of Stephen King, I think that this book would give you a new appreciation for the diverse types of writings that he is capable of.

Goldfine, John. "Lecturette 2: Annotated Bibliographies." ENG 101-95 Fall '11. Blogger.com, 21 Oct. 2011. Web. 01 Nov. 2011. <http://hoganroad.blogspot.com>.
This is an amazing website with all you need to know to be able to write and (hopefully) pass English 101!  This has been one of the most visited websites in my browser this semester and I hear that the author gives extra credit for the students that kiss up a little.  The lectures are posted in a way that are easy to follow and lists the assignments that are due in a clear way.  I just wish that it had and “auto-complete all homework” tab. All jokes aside, it has been a very helpful in many ways

Limmer, Daniel, Michael F. O'Keefe, and Edward T. Dickinson. Emergency Care. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2009. Print.
This is the textbook that we used when taking the Emergency Medical Technician course.  I found this textbook to be very helpful in the course (as it should be.)  The contents are laid out in a way that teach each chapter and section by many methods; there are charts, pictures, tables and even these fancy word things!  I find myself still referring back to this textbook every once in a while if I feel that I need a quick refreshment on a particular topic and have advised many students in the bookstore to keep it after their class is over for this exact purpose.  A new edition has been published but, this text still holds (almost) all you would ever need to know to become an entry level EMT.

1 comment:

  1. These work, except the King one is incomplete--very fine & outstanding annotations, indeed, especially #2....

    But, uh, these were supposed to be bibliographic entries for isearch, not at-random, so give it another shot in a rewrite, using isearch sources, ok?

    ReplyDelete