Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Graf 10

                We have all known him at one point in our lives; If not yet, you eventually will.  He was what made getting out of bed in the morning hard.  How could anyone be so ignorant and downright evil to another human being?  I believe that it was his main purpose in life, to make others miserable.  He made me dread finally pulling through the gates of work.  He was the worst boss ever!
                Rich was a short, round man.  His hair was gray; surely from the un-needed stress that he has caused himself and others.  He wore a silver framed pair of glasses that he would tilt down on his nose so he could glare at you over the top of them.  His beady little eyes seemed all black; with the whites being always bloodshot from a severe case of diabetes.  These were the type of eyes that seemed to pierce through a person with pure evil and hatred.  Even though he was insulin dependent, he would always show up with a large Dunkin Donuts ice coffee and box of munchkins.  I remember how my stomach would turn as he inhaled each donut hole while making the sound of a furrow hog on its death bed.  Some say that he was so moody due to his extreme diabetes; I don’t buy it for a minute!  The man loved to yell, scream and put down his employees for any reason at all.  There was no talking, just listening in fear of losing our jobs if we retorted.  He was an evil man; the worst boss ever!
                We all knew the day would come where one of us would snap on him; there was even a bet on who would be the one to do it!  It was a sunny day is September when Rich came to me and said that I would have to stay another shift with him.  I was not happy!  A whole shift with this jerk!  Are you kidding me?  The only thing that made things better was the fact that I had been offered another job for the Florida Department of Corrections.  Surely, convicted murderers and felons would be better company than this guy!  I spent my whole shift trying to figure out if I would give the standard two weeks or just quit since I was told it was my option as to when I could start.  That evening, Rich made my decision easy.  We were sitting in the control room, both staring blankly at the screens that controlled our assigned machinery when Rich began his rampage of screaming and yelling.  To this day, I have no idea as to what he was he was screaming about!
                I was told that the guys would replay the security video footage over and over again just for a laugh.  The sight of me standing in front of Rich, screaming back at the top of my lungs must have been priceless;  I know the expression on Richs face when I through my I.D. at him and quit was! Finally putting Rich in his place apparently opened up his eyes to how he treated his employees.  I was told that he was really nice for the next few days!  Either way, I was so happy to get away from the worst boss ever!

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done: first the setup of the situation, then the buildup to the explosion, then the quick wrap. Handling 'action' sequences can be tricky but the way you frame the explosion (twin explosions, actually--you and Rich) allows the action to unfold very smoothly, no wasted effort, no straining to explain or describe.

    ReplyDelete