Thursday, September 1, 2011

Graf 2


                Who gets the distinct dishonor of being named my worst teacher?  This is such a hard assignment to work on since even the bad teachers teach us something.  Do I only think about the people whom I have had in school or do I include those that have taught me lessons in life?  Both categories of teachers are in many ways equally important.  I would not be able to pinpoint any certain teachers who I feel were horrible in school.  I really wish that I could think of one math teacher who made me hate math; the one who did such a horrible job at ensuring that I learned my multiplication tables when I was supposed to.  It would probably make me feel better to blame someone else for my shortcomings; to say that it was a combined failure of an entire system.  I would love to bestow this title on my father also.  After all, he was supposed to be there in order to teach me how to be a man.  He was supposed to teach me how to hunt and how to fish and be a father myself one day.  However, by not being there; he was still able to teach me these things.  A great definition of “irony” if you ask me!  Who is my worst teacher?  I have even wondered if I was my own worst teacher while writing this assignment.  After all, we are the ones who are responsible for ensuring that we understand the material being taught.  I have had teachers that were mean.  I have had teachers that were boring.  I have even had teachers that I thought were just plain dumb and often wondered how they even became a teacher to begin with.  However, I still am not able to crown a winner!  All of them have taught me a lesson in life that was important; they all taught me one thing or another that I carried on with me in life. 

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy a writer who knows how to play with an assignment and offer the reader a delightful tapdance instead of a dreary student I-will-do-your-bidding-master response.

    Clever, insightful, engaging writing.

    ReplyDelete