Monday, September 5, 2011

Graf 5

EMT

Diseases

Diabetes

Training

Medicine

Life saving

Improvement

Hiking

Snowshoeing

Skiing

Something that will make me better at my current/future career

Family  

Familiarization

Common to see



Diabetes

Types

Treatments

Signs and symptoms

Causes

Physiology



Can I become a better EMT by understanding such a common human disease / process better?

What are the early signs and symptoms of Diabetes?

What are the signs and symptoms of a diabetic emergency?

What are the treatments for Hyperglycemia?

What are the treatments for Hypoglycemia?

What is taking place in the body systems of a diabetic?

What are the Maine EMS protocols?

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't really feel like an isearch topic, though it might have better legs if you are diabetic. Doesn't sound isearchy because the questions read as standard research, information available in seconds on numerous websites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your concern about the simplicity of this topic. Even though I do not have diabetes, my Grandmother has been recently diagnosed with Type I diabetes and am interested in learning more about this disease process. I am also currently an EMT with hopes of being accepted into the nursing program this fall. In the long run, I hope to become a PA or FNP. To me, this type of subject is something that I am extremely interested in and would also be using it to learn more about a subject that would make me a better emergency medicine provider.

    ReplyDelete