Saturday, October 1, 2011

New ISearch Motivation

            It has almost been nine months since my dog walked up to me with a something hanging off her tag.  “Mommy is having a baby” was written on a sticky note hanging off her tag; mommy peaking around the corner with a smile on her face.  I don’t think that I could have been any happier; I am going to be a “Dad!”  Wow, has my life already changed and it has been a journey already.  What do I need to do to get ready?  This has been a question that has haunted me for months now.  I have scraped, painted and put together baby furniture; I feel like I have literally lost my mind at points.  My motivation for this paper is my son.  I am determined to figure out what I need to do in order t0 be a good father to Collin.  I imagine that there are questions that I will not be able to answer with research, only experience.  I will give it my all though; I will not fail my son.  I want to know the following:

1)     What should I expect in the first few months?

2)    Is there any important things that need to be done to get ready for him?

3)    What can I do to help stimulate brain development and growth?

4)    What are some tips to survive the sleep deprivation?

1 comment:

  1. Works for me. Try a Background section now--babies and dads you've known, family stories about infancy, you and sleep, and so on.

    ReplyDelete